Saturday 26 February 2011

Portraits

I can't seem to stop drawing these faces at the moment. but as they give me a huge buzz, why not?? This one is called 'Catalina' which is a name printed on the book pages I used at the bottom of the portrait. The flowers and clay motifs were kindly sent to me by Pam in an ATC swap on willowing.ning.com
This one, called 'Mad as birds' has words by the poet Dylan Thomas (whose house we visited some time ago in Laugharne).
"A stranger has come to share my room in the house
not right in the head, a girl as mad as birds"
I was at the library yesterday and found a wonderful book, 'The Wales that inspired Dylan Thomas' with the most amazing photography by Brian Gaylor, with a foreword by Dylan's son, Aeronwy Thomas. If you like Thomas' work, check this book out, it's well worth it.
This one is called simply, 'Purple Girl' Drawing and painting these stylised faces gives me great pleasure and calms my currently troubled soul. (I also have far too many old book pages which I need to use up!). 

No comments: