Sunday, 8 January 2012

'Twas stress...

I'm feeling better now that the doc has given me a prescription for an increased dose of Prozac. It has lifted my mood enough to allow me to think more logically and I feel calmer. I'm not crying as much as I was either. The vertigo and nausea I experienced recently has gone, thank goodness. I couldn't have handled that for much longer. The doc said it was caused by stress.


It's been almost nine months since Kev died. I do not know the stage of grief I am at just now, I still feel very mixed up. I was finding it extremely difficult to cope with my fluctuating emotions. This stage, if that's what it is, is NOT acceptance because I still feel shocked at the speed with which he was taken away from me. I still feel despair at the realisation that I will NEVER see him again, never hear his voice, never be able to have a big bear hug from him...
When I do try to understand it, my brain stops thinking, sort of...it clears and there is nothing there in my head anymore. It's too much to deal with, so I switch off somehow.




I have kept myself extremely busy today, trying to prepare my tiny bathroom for painting. I am still scraping the 70's orange fish wallpaper off the walls, only one small area left now, which I intend to tackle tomorrow. I managed to give the ceiling a coat of white emulsion, well actually three...and it could do with another one or two coats!!
And this is what's underneath it, dark green paint!! Who on earth would decorate a tiny room in those awful colours?? I'm going to keep working on this room now, so that we can at least have one room finished. Can't wait until it's done!
Post a Comment