Sunday 6 May 2012

Death. It has a bloody awful effect on us. (Is there a joke there somewhere??). It goes on and on...ad infinitum this grieving and I feel like I'm not allowed to laugh (I had a good laugh at someones blog this morning) and feel bad when I do. My man was one of those people who laughed all of the time, about everything. Everything had a joke in it for him and it was contagious and that's why other people loved him. So  I should be allowed to laugh sometimes, yes?
I want to laugh. I want to pull up the corners of my miserable mouth and stretch them in a big smile, so can I, or what?!!

2 comments:

Lori E said...

Nia, every time you laugh you honor your man because as you said he had a great sense of humor.
How unhappy he would be to think you don't want to laugh anymore because he is gone. That does not honor him or his life. So smile a big smile and really mean it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your words Lori, they mean a lot x