Friday 27 April 2012

I've been making a little book over the last three weeks or so. It's taken me that long to gesso all the pages (I used fairly cheap paper), to strengthen them. Today, I made a cover from bits of a small cardboard box. I cut them out and sewed back through the holes in the book and then through the cardboard.

 Then I painted them with some gouache paints I had, and dried it all off with my heat tool. I used two pictures I had in my stash (I'd made them last year), to decorate the covers and added a pink ribbon, tied round the book, inside and out to finish it off.

 I have never tried sewing the pages together before and I didn't do a fantastic job of it, but hey, who cares!? I like it and am looking forward to working in it.

Oops! Just realised that I've stuck the back cover on upside down!! Oh well, it adds to it's uniqueness!

No comments: