Monday 10 September 2012

Slow Progress....

I'm making slow progress. Very slow....
But at least I do seem to be getting somewhere at last. The Sertaline is having an effect, but it's very gradual. I suppose I was expecting to be lifted  more than this, faster than this. But I have never had my heart so completely and irrevocably smashed to smithereens before. I have come to realise that I'm not depressed in the 'normal' (for me) sense. My heart is broken and nothing will ever be as it was. Coming to terms with all that is so hard. I miss my man so much and everything has changed. I haven't wanted to carry on and I feel as though I'm being forced to. What else can I do except carry on?

Art has always been a saviour for me when I've been down. But I haven't had the heart for it for such a long time...but I am trying. I'm working on my doll for a swap. She's been painted three different colours so far, and still looks really ugly. I've got to send her to the US before the middle of October and I'm getting worried now. Will she be finished? The poor lady (my swap partner) is going to have a nasty shock when she opens THAT parcel!

On the non-existent job front, I have been signed up for a scheme to assist people back into work. I'm hoping and praying that it's going to be better than those Government schemes I've heard about that don't work and are just to make it look as if they are really helping people and to alter the in-work-out-of-work statistics. Wish me luck, I really need it.


2 comments:

Venus Blues Hideaway said...

Hello. I found your site through the Mixed Media site and have been popping in from time to time to see how you were doing. My heart bleeds for you and for your loss. There is no comfort in words--especially words from a stranger and from a computer screen but I really am so sorry for your loss. You sound very lost and I wish that I could reach out to you--even though I don't know you. You blog is beautiful and sad.........

I have become a follower so that I can pop in often and hope to get to know you better.

Faye

Unknown said...

Hallo Faye
Thanks for your comment, it's nice to 'meet' you and a fellow Mixed Media member. Thanks also for becoming a follower. I'm pleased that my blog is being read, though I use it as a form of therapy...it helps me to put down my feelings sometimes. Hope to speak again soon.
Best wishes,
Nia