Sunday 6 July 2014

I've been catching up with Life Book 2014 and these are weeks 25 and 26, with Effy Wild and Kate Thompson respectively.


This sketch needs more work, but I haven't had time. I will get to it as soon as I can.

My sister and I have booked a holiday to Malaga (my choice) for September. I haven't been abroad since September 2011, so I'm really looking forward to this much needed break. We found a good hotel in the old town and it's literally yards away from a Roman Theatre and the Alcazaba, a palatial fortification. I will be in my element visiting these.




I'm doing fairly well on my new eating regime and have lost 11 lbs so far and gone down a size, which is amazing, considering that I'm doing it to avoid a flare-up of my Diverticular Disease and not to lose weight. I'm really pleased about the weight loss, though it's a struggle not to eat the sugary, fatty things that my body craves. I do well, then ruin it by eating something totally unsuitable, but I am trying to wean myself off unhealthy eating and it'll take time to get used to it. I'm so scared of having another flare-up, the pain was excruciating and I was in bed for almost a week and then back to the docs a couple of times until they got my medication right. At least I know what to do next time, straight to the docs and onto strong antibiotics asap. 


No comments: