Tuesday 28 February 2012

One step forward...

It was Cruse counselling day yesterday. I go along, thinking I have nothing whatsoever to say (except that I'm feeling miserable of course) and after a minute or two, out pours this torrent of emotion! It always surprises me. I go in, feeling as though I haven't moved forward in any way whatsoever, but when I come out I feel so relieved, (and also exhausted...drained). She guides me in the right direction and I feel I can say anything while I'm there...it's a safe place. So it's one step forward, two steps back, but making inches of progress along the way.
I am so annoyed that I am being 'forced'to make a new life for myself. This wasn't how it was meant to be. Kev and I were looking forwards to our next holiday; making plans for our future, things had never been better between us.
Cancer is insidious and oh so cruel.


I have signed up for the next swap at www.mixedmediaart.ning.com at the 'Cabinet of Curiosities' group. It's egg themed, using some natural materials , and in 3D. Got some ideas floating around in my head and I will post the pics here when I'm done.
I've got five days off from tomorrow and I'm looking forward (!!??) to doing some more decoration prep. Getting everything ready for painting. I'm looking forward also to seeing it finished, rather than actually doing the work. I haven't got the physical energy I once had for projects of this kind. But it has to be done and I will do it...eventually! 

No comments: