Wednesday 7 March 2012

There has been another 'shift'. I don't know what else to call these things/happenings/episodes. I just know that things have changed slightly. It feels like I have taken hold of my life just a little bit more. Got a little more of it back...
I applied for a job, but didn't hear anything for two weeks, so I assumed that that was the end of that. But since my niece works for the same company, I asked her what she thought and she said hang on, they will get in touch with you. So I did, and they did! I had an interview yesterday morning and was offered the job there and then!! I was a bit shell shocked for a few hours but my confidence rose throughout the day. I had to sit myself down last evening and think it through a little more, as I was to let them know today whether I would take up the offer. It's difficult at times to get my brain to think things through properly, but I managed it and let them know this morning that, yes, I would take the job. As soon as I'd done that, I felt that I'd taken a momentous decision and I suddenly felt calmer than I've felt in ages. 
I know it sounds a bit weird maybe, but I really felt that Kev had been helping me and was definitely around for most of yesterday. I could imagine him saying, "Go on, you can do it".
I've taken back a degree of control in my enforced new life and I'm hoping it will empower me to do more.



No comments: